Thursday, August 15, 2019

Whetu and Nick Recount by Rhianne

Whetu & Nick
On Wednesday July 31st I went to watch Whetu and Nick.
The whole school went to the Vodafone Event Centre to
watch the theatre production. I was very happy and excited
to see Whetu and Nick, but I couldn’t understand what
Whetu was saying. She spoke Maori for the entire show.
Rooms 1 and 4 had to take buddies. My partner was Cornelis
from Room Five. I didn’t like the other schools because
one of the students kept kicking my chair. I was sitting
next to Miss Lee and my partner.

The story was about a Maori girl and a British boy.
The British boy came from Captain Cook’s ship. He was
looking for a map that blew away. He ended up in New
Zealand and met a Maori girl map together until Whetu let
Nick fly her 
Manutukutuku  (kite). Then the wind suddenly knocked the
Manutukutuku out of his hands. The kite and the map both
ended up on a Mountain. So they both found their things
together.

The best thing about Whetu and Nick was that it was
funny and it was also very interesting. The worst thing
about the theatre show was that it was short and they
didn’t change their backgrounds. Apart from all the good
things and bad things it was still a really good theatre
show to watch. I really enjoyed watching it.

I felt tired while watching the show. I also felt excited at
the beginning because it looked like a good show to watch.
I loved the show. I would love to see the next theatre show
that the school goes to next.

No comments:

Post a Comment