Saturday, August 17, 2019

Melita's Time at the Theatre

Whetu and Nick Recount





I simply enjoy going to  the theatre with my family and friends. It is my
favourite past time. We went on July 31st to watch Whetu and Nick.
First we went to school to catch our bus. We also got buddied up with
room 5. My buddy was Kashika.

It took us about 20 minutes to reach the Vodafone Event Centre in
Manukau. We had to wait for sometime and finally we got to go in.
The show was for about one hour. The show was a bit short and boring.
I felt it was boring because Whetu was speaking in Maori and I didn't
understand Maori.

I wished there were some subtitles so that we would understand what
Whetu was saying. Overall the story was about a Maori girl named
Whetu and a British boy named Nick. Whetu was looking for her family
{Whanau} and Nick was looking for his map which flew away. Nick
wasn’t holding the map tightly but they blamed it on the Tawhirimatea.
Tawhirimatea was the God of the wind. Then she got mad and changed
the weather.

Overall I had a great time. The only disappointing time was that Whetu
was speaking in Maori. Other than that, I really liked the special effects.
The lighting was fantastic. I had a lot of fun going with my school to
watch Whetu and Nick, and I am looking forward to going again to
see a live theatre show.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment