Sunday, August 25, 2019

Elina's time at the Whetu and Nick Show


When I went to school I was full of excitement and I was waiting for my friends. I was jumping around while full of excitement. When my friends came, it was finally time to go on the bus. As I was walking on the bus I saw my buddy Tiare. When we sat down we started singing with the Years 7 & 8 's. While I was singing I forgot that we were going to the Manukau Vodafone Event Centre. When we got there I didn’t expect that there were going to be collages there. When I was looking outside I was amazed at the view. The story was about a British boy named Nick and a Maori girl called Whetu. During the first part they met, and Whetu thought Nick was a threat to her country. Then they became friends. Nick was kind of afraid of her. When they first met they bonded together. Nick spoke English, and Whetu spoke Maori. I didn’t understand the Maori. The main part was when Whetu and Nick were looking for the map and Whetu’s kite called the Manu tukutuku. The best part was when Nick’s shin was bleeding from the tuatara attack. It was funny because he was scared and screaming. The whole audience was laughing. I felt sad when the ship went away because Nick couldn’t go back home to Britain to see his family and friends. My favourite part was when Whetu was singing and Nick was sleeping. I didn’t know if Whetu just spoke Maori or English at the beginning. I loved the special effects used. The stage and the lighting were impressive. My favourite effect was the colourful lighting. When the show finished, we met the actors and took photographs with them. Then we headed to the bus. I sat down with my buddy Tiare and sang songs together. While I was on the bus I was thinking about the show. When I was watching I felt happy and excited. I loved the show, and it made me wonder how they made the backdrop. Did they make it all together or did the staging department make the backdrop?

No comments:

Post a Comment