Sunday, July 28, 2019

Deborah's Time at Auckland Zoo

My Time at Auckland Zoo

I was so happy when I went to Auckland Zoo. My Parents took me and my sister to Auckland Zoo,it was amazing we put on some music that entertained us for so long. Along the way my sister made some funny jokes that almost made me pee my pants. When we finally arrived we told everyone what we wanted to see in the zoo. I wanted to see all of the tigers and lions, Galila wanted to see the elephants and my parents wanted to see the cheetahs.

 When I walked in, it was like I was in heaven, everyone was so nice and they even offered to take a picture of us. They even gave us a map so we knew where to go. So first we went to the Red pandas. Unfortunately we weren't lucky enough to see the Red Pandas. I was so sad but I still wanted to see all the other animals, so we kept going. We ended up in the Africa exhibition. The next animal we wanted to see were the elephant's. My sister was so excited that she ran. I called out and said “You don’t know where it is Galila, I have the map”. She finally stopped and made a sad face but she didn’t trick anyone. After Galila finally stopped we went to the elephants. We were so lucky to get there in good time as the zoo keepers but on a show for us. The elephants were just putting sand on themselves. The back elephant was drinking water. We were looking at the elephants for about 5-10 minutes.

 As soon as we were done looking at the elephants we were going to the Monkeys. The Monkeys were right by the elephants and the Flamingos. The Monkeys were going everywhere. Did you know that there the Flamingos are pink because their digestive system is mostly made of of raw Shrimp! Anyways there was an instructor who was feeding the flamingos. I really wanted to see the lions and tigers so we went there. We saw two lions and they were at the very top and there were also two lion cubs . Sadly there were no tigers. Next we went to the Meerkats. The Meerkats were very fast and small. They were running around. One funniest things was that when Galila was in the tunnel she thought that the MeerKats were chasing her.

 The Australia display was so Interesting, we saw emus, kangaroos and Tasmanian devil. The Emus were very big and some people were even scared of the Emus because they were so big. The kangaroos were jumping all over the place. One person was dumb enough to go inside where the kangaroos were. Eventually he got out of the enclosure. He looked like he was scared of kangaroos for life. Galila was laughing so hard about that she almost peed her pants.

 The New Zealand exhibition was very cool because we had to walk over a bridge in order to see a lake. After that we went to the stairs and walked up to see the birds. There was only one bird and it a pukeko. The pukeko was just eating rotten furit.

 I had a great time at the Zoo. I would love to see the tigers next time I go. Other than that I had a great time.The exhibitions we went to were Africa , Australia, Sri Lanka and New Zealand. We didn’t see South America. Hopefully I get to go to the zoo with my family again.

No comments:

Post a Comment