Saturday, December 7, 2019

Melita's time at her Uncle's Wedding

The day had finally come- the 8th of November and that was a day that I will never forget. My Uncle’s Silver Wedding. It was one of the most special weddings I have ever been to. We drove seven hours to Wellington. We could have taken the flight but my father didn’t want to go by plane because he loves driving. I reached my Uncle's house two days before the Silver Wedding day. Preparations for the wedding were in full swing.

He was glad to see me. Lots of things were purchased and the rest were to be purchases on that very day. So he took me to buy a number of things as per the list he prepared. At last it was evening. To be honest it was a really hectic day. The whole house was decorated. There were lights everywhere. So this is how the wedding went. First we had mass at 6:00 pm at Sacred Heart Church followed by a cocktail reception.

The hall was literally packed. First we had the couple walk as they played the congratulations and then they cut their wedding cake. After that all the guests were first served with light refreshments before it was time for the first dance. This was so cute. Then it was time for some speeches. My Dad delivered a short but very meaningful speech. After some heart touching speeches it was time for the best part of the wedding- the reception. There were some mouth-watering dishes we could choose from the buffet.

After a plate full of some delicious Indian food, it was time to burn some calories by dancing. The music went on till 10:00PM.  Overall I was really disappointed I couldn’t make it to camp but I have to say I really had the time of my life.


One of my least favourite things that happened was when the guests started to go home. I was really glad that I got to be a part of that wedding. On Monday when I got to school I did feel a little disappointed that I didn’t go to camp because all my friends were making me jealous by telling me all the fun activities they did and all the delicious food they ate. However you know that saying “You can't get everything in life” but I have to say, that my family and I had the most special and memorable time of our lives. I am hoping that in the next coming years, I get to go to camp without anything coming in the way.       




No comments:

Post a Comment