Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Zariah's Favourite Toy

Two weeks ago we read the picture book ANZAC Ted. It was such a great book that we
decided to write our own descriptions or poems about a teddy bear, toy or possession that
means a lot to us. Here is Zariah's description

My Favourite Teddy Bear

I have a teddy bear named Stitch. He is blue and has super long ears.
My sister gave it to me as a present from America. He saw the wonders
of Disneyland. My sister grabbed him and talked to my mum about buying him.

Soon after that, he was flying in the sky. Where the clouds look like the
ground. After sixteen hours we finally made it back home to New Zealand.
He was laying down in my Mum's suitcase waiting for someone to hug him,
that was until he was given to me. I was speechless. I was absolutely shocked
and I thought my sister said she had left him in America. When I saw him, I
immediately grabbed him and said “Thank you!” to my Mum and sister. For a
while, I had lost him and couldn’t find him anywhere, yet all the time he was
under my bed for days on end. He was covered in so much dust but somehow
I was able to clean him up. 

I placed him on my bunk bed as if he was on display in a carnival. I went back
to the living room where my Mum was unpacking and saw another stuffed toy.
It looked like a seal from a drawing from the internet. He was going to be
and forever be, his best friend. Soon they were going to have so many
adventures in the future. His best friend’s name was Silky. I named him
Silky because he was soft to cuddle and I could easily sleep with him. 

One time, my parent's friend came over and had brought their sons
with them. The youngest son’s favourite colour was blue, even his bedroom
was blue. His older brother loved red, and they both loved their own
favourite colour. In fact, if they saw something they liked, they would
make sure it was either red or blue. The youngest son grabbed stitch and
didn't want to let go. At first, I thought it was ok for him to take him for
a while. When it was time for them to go back to Tauranga, he was about
to steal Stitch and take him home. Of course, I didn't let that happen so
I told his Mum to give it back. He denied to give it back to me. Eventually,
he gave it back. Every time he came round, he would do the same thing. I'm
sure Stitch got tired of going back and forth and for us yelling in his ears.

Poem as my conclusion:
Teddy bears are fine, but this one is mine
He is different from the rest. I think he is the best.
He is soft and cuddly, I love him very much
He is really fluffy when I give him a touch,
He wasn't my first toy, but oh boy he gives me joy,
I give him respect, and he gives me such an effect,
He is a toy that I'm not willing to forget,
He heals me up when I am upset,
I am sure he is not my regret,
There are many adventures we haven't done yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment