Wednesday, May 30, 2018

My Nana's Journey Story By Melianna

Lily's Journey






Lily was born in Apia, Samoa. However she is not yet a New Zealand
citizen. She had arrived here in New Zealand 1969 for a better life.
She did have family here, she had a brother that paid for her flight to
come here. My nana came by plane but she did not stop at any
countries.


Usually, sometimes they would stop at Tonga, wait a while then
leave to their destination. She departed from Apia, Samoa and chose
to come to Auckland, New Zealand. The people in Auckland were
very friendly and warm welcoming to my nana and her family.
The difference between Samoa and New Zealand was that there
were more job opportunities, better housing and better pay. My Nana
did not get homesickness. My nana cannot pick between Samoa and
New Zealand to be her home because both of the countries have
treated her with respect and love. One of the obvious things that
she misses from Samoa is the food. Some of the food that they would
eat is Taro, Corned beef, luau and many more. My Nana has visited
her home country a lot of times. She is still hoping to go back again
to visit some of her family.

1 comment:

  1. Hi guys I am Sarah from Wesley primary and I am in Room 4.I like how you used paragraphs.I you would like to go on my blog is is wpssarahv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete