Friday, October 12, 2018

My 3D Daffodil Art By Sayonara

In the beginning, Miss Paton gave us three papers to colour in.
We used the side of the crayons on the concrete outside.
Then dyed our papers - yellow, orange and green.
After dying our papers we had to wait for them to dry.
We then dyed our papers three more times.

On the back of the yellow paper, we traced daffodil petal stencil eighteen times.
We then glued the petals on this plain paper disc.

We then cut the green paper diagonally from corner to corner to makes a triangle.  
We started folding it a little then start rolling with up to the end.
We glued ensuring it was thin.  

The orange paper required us to trace three rectangle shapes.
We cut them out and rolled them into a cylinder shape.
We folded the paper 1cm and cut slits along.
These were gluing tabs. From there we glued the cylinders and folded the slit inwards. We glued the cylinders onto the daffodil flowers.
Once the cylinders were dry we cut little slits to make the trumpets look real.
I then glued my stems onto the daffodils.

We then got more papers to rub crayon against the outside.
The papers were for the borders, vase and the extra stem.
I used violet, red, blue and green. I had to dye my papers three times.
After this, I used a ruler and measured 2cm from the edge of the black paper.
Once I plotted along my black paper, I joined the marks together to make a border.
I then had to plot 2cm along my coloured paper.
Once I did this I cut my paper into strips and tore each strip into pieces and glued
it along the black paper.
Miss Paton then showed me how to make the origami vase.
I then glued on my vase.
Placed my flowers on the paper, where I would like them to go.
Then I glued my flowers onto the black paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment